- Optimize delivery of quality ophthalmic service and infrastructure to improve and streamline patient care
- Provide holistic education to medical practitioners, allied health professionals, medical students and specialists in training, the community and patients.
- Investigate the nature of ophthalmic disease through clinical research leading to clinical care provision to the level of excellence.
- Trial ethics-approved novel treatments for sight-threatening eye conditions
Our primary goal is to provide a significant contribution to the eye health of Tasmanians and the wider community by –
- Providing quality ophthalmic health services to the people of Tasmania
- Streamlining the delivery of quality ophthalmic care through education and training of technicians and practitioners
- Improving public understanding of common eye conditions by dissemination of accurate and relevant information
- Facilitating the development of ophthalmic research, and the translation of research outcomes into clinical benefits
- Supporting the health industry to develop therapeutic interventions for preventable vision loss